Friday, November 12, 2010

Bamboo.

Blake and I have a little bamboo farm on the side of our home.
We love the way the wind sounds when it blows through it.
It creates a harmony that kind of reminds me of being in the mountains.
Being bamboo farmers we've learned that every year before winter we must chop down all the bamboo so it can grow back in the spring.
We chopped down all of the bamboo the other day.
I feel like our house looks so bare now.
Rather than throwing all the bamboo away, I decided to make some decor with it.
We already have a bamboo divider in our living room.
Our blinds are bamboo as well.
I love bamboo.
It has such a natural and relaxing appearance that I enjoy so much.
This is what we're making:
This is where we are currently at with this project:

We need to let them dry out before we begin polishing them and whatnot.

Then we need to find a really large vase.
Preferrably a deep red.
-Blake and Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment