Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Good Man.



We spent Father's Day at my parent's house. Its amazing how my family has grown. The house was filled with noise all afternoon; everyone trying to get their "piece" of the conversation heard.
Interruptions, laughter, accusations, sarcasm, and cheesy greeting cards.
This is the Roylance way, and I loved every second of it.
We may be overwhelming at times, especially to new arrivals, but we'd do anything for each other, and our steadfast loyalty derives from Dad.

I'm completely amazed at how my dad managed a household of girls; outspoken, stubborn, and head-strong girls.We gave him hell at times, but he wouldn't have it any other way. 
I'm grateful for my family, as unique as we are.
I'm grateful for my dad.
He has taught me determination and the existence of endless possibilities.
He has taught me sacrifice, selflessness, and that its never inappropriate to stand up for yourself.
He has taught me to be myself and always live an honest life. 


He is a good man deserving of celebration.
I hope you took a moment today to celebrate a father in your life.
A man that is deserving of celebration.
Happy Father's Day.
-Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment