Saturday, March 17, 2012

Old Saint Pat's.

Blake is Quarter Irish on his mother's side.
For years, I've been trying to think of a simple little St. Pat's Day tradition I can do to celebrate his heritage. Recently, I found a recipe for a more modern and tasty version of the traditional Irish Soda Bread. Although it wasn't perfect and may take a bit of practice, we definitely enjoyed the flaky, biscuit-like qualities of this bread. I think it will become our little family's annual Irish treat. Maybe I'll even bake it with our kiddies someday.  
This evening, we met up with Marissa, Daniel, Paula, and Burnell at Fiddler's Elbow for some Irish grub and beer. Blake and I munched on some corned beef and cabbage, red potatoes, and Shepard's Pie while Paula shared stories of their Irish heritage. We all love listening to Paula's stories. Each year I feel like I learn something new about Blake's family, and Paula gets so excited to share, its adorable. 
We had a fun evening together and felt just a bit more Irish than yesterday. 
We hope you had a happy day as well. 
-Jessica.

No comments:

Post a Comment