Sunday, April 29, 2012

Petty.

While in Denver, Blake and I went to see Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers perform.
I've attended a show every time he tours since 2002, but I've never seen a show quite like this one.
Regina Spektor opened for Tom. And in case you don't know, she's amazing.
During her performance, Blake and I were able to get nearly right up against the stage. It was probably the best opening act I've ever seen for any show.
When Tom Petty appeared, he was as incredible as ever, and put on an extremely unique and brilliant show.
He reached deep into his track history and played some tunes I have never heard him perform before; songs dating back to the very beginning of his career; songs not often heard.
I am so happy that Blake and I were at this show. It was amazing, and I somewhat doubt we'll ever see and hear these songs performed live by him again.
I just love me some Mr. Petty.
He's pretty phenomenal.
-Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment