Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunshine.

Today was such a good day.
It was the first day this spring season that Blake and I have had the opportunity to get outside and enjoy the sunlight together.
We played tennis.
It was such fun.
I love playing tennis with Blake.
He is such a good teacher, and so patient with me...Especially when it comes to my mediocre back swings...Although, I am getting better.
And I have my fabulous teacher to thank...Blake!

I loved that we were able to get outside and take advantage of the daylight.
Sadly, with Blake working graveyards now he doesn't see much daylight anymore.
I know he misses the daylight.
And of course, Blake missing the daylight means we definitely don't get to see much of the daylight together either.
I miss seeing the daylight with him.
I miss him.

We simply don't get to see each other a lot.
Not even close to the amount we would like to see each other.
Me...Working days...Blake...Working nights.
I miss him.

But...there is a blessing to all of this.
Missing each other, that is...
When we are together.
We enjoy each others company.
We truly do.
We never waste our time together fighting over silly nonsense.
Instead...We hang.
We do things...like play tennis in the sunlight....

I'm so grateful for the little things we have together.
Little and precious things like...Time.

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment