Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Good Man's Prayer.

**Spoiler Alert**
Blake and I both agree.
The following is the most beautiful scene that has taken place on The Tudors thus far.

Warning: I'm being serious tonight...

Wolsey's downfall.
Breathtakingly sad.
Although he is portrayed throughout the show as a conniving and menacing individual at times, you can't help but realize the man is simply just a realist of his times. He's human.

Not only was the visual display of Wolsey's last prayer absolutely amazing, but his words were one of a true honest conversation between man and maker.

The portion of his prayer that struck me the greatest, so much that, yes, I am blogging about it, was this:
"..If I wanted forgiveness, I should ask for it, but...for all that I have done, and for all that I am yet to do, there can be no forgiveness. And yet I think I'm...I'm not an evil man. No, evil men pray loud and seek penance and think themselves closer to Heaven than I am. I shall not see its gaze, Lord, nor hear Your sweet words of salvation. I have seen eternity, I swear, but it was in a dream and in the morning all was gone."
~~~
I hope you enjoy.
Caution: If you can't handle blood, refrain. There is but a little.
~~~
Maybe this strikes me so deeply because I have my own inner demons that greet me daily. 
No one can be sure.
All I know is, I often feel as though I am not one deserving of forgiveness, nor am I one with enough credibility and privilege to even ask for it. But, I have to agree with Wolsey on this one:
I don't feel that I am an evil person.
Just human.
-Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment