Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Thoughts.

My Mother has always been content with being the woman in the background.
However great or small, her life has been devoted to giving everything she is capable of to her family.
And everyday I fail to appreciate her the way that I should.
I know I will always fail at this.
When I think of My Mother, this is what I see...
Play back every important moment in my life, one key theme always remains the same.
My Mother is standing in the background.
Though a little blurry at times.
She is there, watching over me.
I see nothing but unwavering love eminating from her, through a gentle and loving smile, and her hands resting softly crossed in front of her waist.
This is what I'll continue to always see.
And this is what makes me grateful for her, but also what makes my heart break; to think that someday she may no longer be within eyesight, standing in the background.
So, I will strive each day to love My Mother the way she deserves to be loved.
The way she loves me.
***
Happy Mother's Day.
-Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment