Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sunday-Day 1.

Blake and I decided to head to Yellowstone for a few days to get away from the rush of our lives and relax.
I had never been before, and Blake hadn't gone since he was a kid, so we were both really excited. 
We left Sunday afternoon, making the drive to West Yellowstone, where we would be staying for a few days.

For the most part, the drive was beautiful.

As we entered town we saw a little baby Bison.
So cute!
~~
We arrived at our hotel around 8PM Sunday evening and decided to get cleaned up and grab a bite.

Our hotel was so country.
 ~~
Shortly before leaving for the restaurant, we saw the news that Osama bin Laden had been killed and taken into custody by the U.S.  
Blake and I were in disbelief for a while.
We sat on our hotel bed, entranced by the news playing out before us, and commenting on how we never really thought this day would actually come.
It took ten years, but we are so proud of our country, troops, and leaders.
~~
After everything settled, we decided to celebrate with dinner and drinks, making a toast with each other to the U.S.A.

We also made a toast to our President, for we were truly grateful to have him as a leader on that day.
~~
On a side-note; not to get too political, yet because I feel this is important, I want to give my opinion on all this chatter about President Obama taking too much credit for this mission.
I feel credit is not only deserved and greatly given to our Military and C.I.A., but also to the man behind the investigation; the overseer, the hard decision maker, our Commander in Chief, our War-time President.
This specific investigation was initiated under President Obama's Administration, and overseen by him.
He made this a priority, as leader of the United States, to bring this harsh and evil man to justice for the crimes he has committed.
The decision to execute was directly made by him, and I find it extremely ironic that upon success he was not given credit; credit which he surely would have been given without hesitation if this mission had resulted in failure.
My heart is filled with gratitude for all the individuals involved in this dangerous mission, no matter how slight that role may be when given weight to the overall picture.
And because I credit all involved, I also leave room to credit our President.
~~
Now, to get back to how Blake and I felt on Sunday night, May 1st, a day that will surely be forever locked in history.
I am proud.
For this shows that as Americans, we will never give up. We stand resilient and determined.
This is what makes our country strong and ensures me that our future will be okay.
Because we, as Americans, can make it through anything.
~~
Onward to Yellowstone.
-Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment