Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Steak Night.

I have a Good Housekeeping skillet recipe book that I adore.
I love taking the recipes and tweaking them ever-so-slightly. Tonight's steak recipe was so delish that I thought I would share. I also included instructions for making my Asparagus.
Enjoy!
~~~
Pan-Fried Steak with Spinach and Tomatoes
Serves: 4
1 large garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp olive oil
2 boneless beef top loin steaks (10 oz. each), trimmed
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tsp cornstarch
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 bag (10 oz.) pre-washed spinach
*I substituted fresh garlic for 1 Tbs garlic powder since I was completely out. I also added fresh lemon juice and Worcestershire Sauce for an extra kick.*
~~~
1-In cup or small bowl, stir garlic, lemon peel, salt, and pepper (And 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon if you desire). Spread mixture on both sides of steaks.
2-In non-stick 12" skillet, heat oil over medium to medium-high heat until hot. Add steaks (as well as Worcestershire Sauce for a slight kick) and cook for medium-rare, 5-6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness (I cooked the steaks for 8 minutes each side over medium heat for a nice tender touch of pink in the middle). Transfer steaks to plate; keep warm (I find that it is best to cover with aluminum foil, or if you have a warming drawer you can transfer the steaks here).
3-In cup or small bowl, mix broth and cornstarch. To same skillet, add broth mixture, tomatoes, and spinach. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat and cook, stirring, until spinach wilts, 1 to 2 minutes. Cut steaks in half and serve with spinach mixture.
~~~
Asparagus
Serves: 4
1 bundle Asparagus
1/2 fresh lemon (sliced in half)
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
~~~
In a medium non-stick skillet, heat olive oil of medium-high heat. Add 1/2 bundle of Asparagus. Squirt 1/2 of lemon over top of Asparagus and sprinkle desired salt and pepper. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Cook remainder Asparagus.
~~~

Especially yummy with an ice-cold Blue Moon.
Easy and Delightful
-Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment