Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanks.

This year I feel that I have so many things to be thankful for.
My husband
He is my best friend, and I can't imagine my life without him. He makes me happy. Truly happy. Happier than I ever thought possible.
My parents
My parents are the strongest most dedicated people I have ever met. They are so supportive of me and loving of all. They have been examples to me throughout my whole life, and they are the reason I strive so hard to live a successful and good life.
My sisters
These women are amazing. They are the epitome of strength.
Jeni--She has defied all odds throughout her entire life, and she is incredibly beautiful.
And Sarah--She is such a wonderful mother, friend, and beautiful person.
We may not be perfect, but we are loyal to one another, and I am so grateful for the family I was given.
The In-laws
My in-laws are great. I am so lucky to have such accepting and loving in-laws. We always have such a fun time together, and I have felt like part of the family since the moment I met them seven years ago.
My nieces and nephews
*Core*
*Emaly & Michael*
*Fatima & Rodney*
*Van & Keenan*
I love being an aunt. I have the smartest and most adorable nieces and nephews anyone could ever ask for. I love them all so much. They are so fun.
My life
I have been blessed. I have a good life, a beautiful home, an amazing husband, a loving family, an imperfect but good job, and an education. How did I get so lucky to be born in such fortunate circumstances?
I am grateful for the life I have been so selflessly given.
Blake and I spent Thanksgiving Day with his family at his mom's house. Our day was filled with good food, good drinks, and good company.
I went to work at 11:00PM for Black Friday. It was a super-long and hectic day, but I made it through and even found a few deals at the end of my shift. Blake woke up early, braved the cold and the crowds, and purchased a new washer and dryer for us since ours has had nearly enough.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. I hope you had a wonderful holiday.
-Jess.

P.S.--This song has been stuck in our heads all weekend. Enjoy.
Awolnation-"Sail"

No comments:

Post a Comment