Saturday, January 29, 2011

MLK Jr. Day

My niece recently had a second grade performance at her school in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr.
~~
MLK Jr. is an American historical icon that I find so inspiring.
This man deserves to be honored.
It made me so happy to hear that Fatima's school was honoring him. This is nothing I have ever personally done as a student, and his 'I have a Dream' message is one that needs to be shared and cherished, as it is just as current and relevant today as it was when delivered in 1963.
~~
It was so cute watching all these little children talk about the Civil Rights Movement as well as sing their little hearts out.
Of course, Fatima was the absolute most adorable kid there.

~~

Uncle Blake and I surprised Fatima with flowers after her performance.

She loved them.

-Blake and Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment