Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10 Days and Counting...

I'm running in the Provo Halloween Half Marathon on the 29th of October. 
My first half marathon. The countdown begins.
My goal is to finish 13.1 miles in 2 hours.
Right now, my average mile when done on my own isn't fast enough to finish in my goal time. However, my speed increases by about 1.5 minutes/mile when I'm surrounded by others, so I'm feeling pretty confident in being able to reach my goal. 
I REALLY want to reach my goal, but more importantly, I've been seriously training for about 6 weeks now, and I feel REALLY good about the changes I've definitely made in my body and overall health. 
This running thing has been good to me. (= 
And I love it. 
I look forward to it. On my rest days, I'm restless. I just want to RUN
I'm so excited for this race. 
Not quite feeling nervous yet, but I'm sure that will come in good time.
-Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment