Sunday, October 9, 2011

Love Your Body 10K.

I ran my first 10K on Saturday with my friend, Jenna Deppe.
It's crazy to think I've known this girl since the toddler-years. 
I love her to death, and I'm so happy she invited me along for this run.
Love Your Body 10K For Women. 
I finished 121 out of 279 overall, and 25 out of 59 in my age group.
I completed the race in 1:03:41, averaging 10:15 per mile.
I loved every moment of this race. 
Everyone was so friendly, offering encouragement to each other throughout the run, cheering and applauding at the finish line for one another.
It was so invigorating.

Unfortunately, Blake wasn't able to attend due to his work, but he will be waiting at the finish line on the next one.
I'm running a half-marathon on October 29th. 
My goal is to finish 13.1 miles in 2 hours.
We'll See.
-Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment