Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Perfection.

Preemptive Valentine's Day...
Last night we went to Tucano's and ate meat...A lot of it. I don't know if I've ever ate so much meat in one sitting before in my life. What was the highlight of Tucano's for me, you ask? The grilled pineapple...It was so amazing, And meatless. What about Blake, you ask? His favorite was the deep-fried mango codfish. And yes. The codfish was really good as well, but I stand by the grilled pineapple as the best tasting treat of the evening. Blake had never been to Tucano's before last night. I had only been once. It was an adventure. Blake is a big time carnivore, so he naturally enjoyed the many selections of flesh...I, on the other hand, feel like I have had my share of meat to last me all year after last night's events. It was definitely really good, very expensive, and probably won't happen again for a very long time. But...we enjoyed it!

Today...Part 2 of our preemptive Valentine's Day...Snowboarding.
Location: Sundance Ski Resort.

High Temperature: 32

Snow Conditions: Packed Powder to Slightly Icy

Can I just say the new helmet is perfect. Blake got me it as an early Valentine's Day gift. My favorite thing about my new helmet: The built-in Skull Candy headphones. My listenings today ranged from: Miss Lily Allen, Death Cab, just a pinch of the Flogging Molly, quite a bit of Ben Folds, Mates of State, Vampire Weekend, the one and only Radiohead, Santigold, Animal Collective, Arctic Monkey, some of the Say Anything, Tokyo Police Club, Matt and Kim, and yes...Mr. Jay Z. I love my helmet. It is fabulous. I want to wear it every single day...No kidding. I want to walk around with my helmet on...All the time. It is that fantastic.

Back to the boarding...All the runs down were excellent. No major falls today. I'm getting faster and better at carving down the steeper slopes. Although, the steeper slopes do kind of freak me out. But I'm starting to not allow it. It was the most fun. Blake filmed me boarding. He also insisted that I post a video of me boarding. I was hesitant about this venture, but this is Blake's blog too, and therefore Blake has a say as to what goes in it. I am definitely getting better...But I want to get faster. Better...Faster...And gutsier...That's my goal!

Blake practiced more jumps today. And I took a turn filming him. He's much better than me. I received special permission to post some footage of him in our blog. He approved.

It was the perfect day. We packed a lunch and ate it in the sunshine while sitting on the tailgate of Blake's new truck. Blake, once again, raved about his continual love for his truck. I love that he loves his truck. I would feel like a failure of a wife if I had secretly spent the money on a vehicle he didn't like at all. The truck is still a success, my friends....

Today was simply a great day. The snowboarding was good and the company was excellent...Love ya, Babe!

Peace,

Jess

1 comment: