Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Whip. Lash.

Night boarding at Brighton.

The snow was packed and icy. It was difficult to get the edge of my board to carve into the mountain, but after a few runs down I felt as though I was getting the hang of it.

Last run down...
To me, the runs at Brighton (or at least Crest and Majestic) have slopes combined with flats. Blake and I were heading down the final slope after some flat boarding when Blake went off to the right of the slope to hit a jump. As he was doing this, I was just beginning to angle my board down the slope and looked up to watch him jump. Not a bright decision...

I completely caught my front edge of my board and flew forward down the slope. My face hit the icy snow and I lost my breath for a moment. Everything was black...except for those damn stars. It took me a moment to get up. After I finally stood up and picked up my beanie and goggles, I began to slowly and disorientedly make my way down the slope to Blake.
Blake didn't see me fall, so he was a little confused as to why it took me so long to get back down. I told him what had happened, and at that point he decided we should call it a night.

On the way home, I could feel my back and neck begin to stiffen up like someone had hit me with a damn block of wood (have you seen Tommy Boy?...The part where Farley gets nailed with the piece of wood by Spade...Just like that). I had a constant headache...And a feeling of complete haziness.
We got home and I went to bed...

Damn...I'm feeling it this morning. I'm tired. I can't turn my neck. My back is absolutely killing me. And I feel like I'm floating in some type of dream world.
Blake looked me over and told me I probably have a minor concussion as well as some fabulous whip lash. I'll be fine...Just tender for a few.

What a good adventurous night of boarding!!! We've decided that before we go back up next week...I'm going to invest in a helmet.
Peace.
-Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment