Friday, February 26, 2010

Sundance.

Blake and I headed up to Sundance today to take advantage of the new snow.
Today's ski index at Sundance...was a perfect 10!!
I love powdery and sun-filled days on the mountain top!!
In fact, it was so warm today that Blake and I began stripping off layers at the top of only our third run! I ended up spending the day with no beanie, my Barack Obama Tshirt, and my jacket wide open...Blake simply wore a sweater. It was such an amazing and beautiful day!

We had an absolute fabulous time, although I will say for some reason I was blatantly retarded when it came to getting off the lifts today...
You see...Sundance was a little crowded today, and therefore every time up the lift they made us completely fill the chair. For some reason, these crowded chairs gave me massive anxiety, and nearly every time I got off the lift I plummeted face first to the ground!
My absolutely retarded, and not even remotely cool, falls ranged from: knocking the wind out of me (a few times), bruising my gluteus maximus (its a pretty good one), nearly doing the complete splits and the strattles (which I've never done before, so you can simply imagine how this felt for my groin area), and yes, sadly enough, I even ran into a few other skiers and snowboarders. I am ashamed of this. Getting off the lift is basic...It was humilating.

Other than that little mishap...The day was simply fabulous and I'm really hoping we can go up a few more times before the season comes to an end.
Next year, we're definitely investing in season passes to somewhere. It will probably be Sundance, because we really are completely in love with this beautiful resort!!
We have had such fun times on the slopes this year and I have learned so much!
I'm ready for the spring, but I can't lie; it's bittersweet for me to say goodbye to the winter and it's beautiful white snow.

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment