Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sarah.

Today is my sister Sarah’s birthday. Happy Birthday Sarah!! Oh Boy, do I feel like a horrible sister, because I’m not quite sure how old she is….27? Wait…28, 29? I think she's 29 (ya, pretty sure of that)...God. I’m terrible. I apologize to you, Sarah.
I did manage to get her a nice gift, which I truly hope she enjoys. Because even though I don't remember your age, I do love you much!

On a random side note about my wonderful sister Sarah…And hopefully Sarah reads this and gets an amazing laugh…One of my most vivid memories of my sister is when we found our very first kitten, Felix….You see…When I was a little girl, I was determined to obtain a pet cat. I would randomly bring home strays, and even on occasion, steal the neighbors cat. Every time I would bring a cat home, hold it up to show my dad, and ask if I could keep it…He would look at me and say, “No. Take it back, Jessi.” Blast. I felt as though I would never get a cat. Well...One night-in the middle of a cold night (I think winter), like around 3 a.m. or something, my dad woke me up and told me to come into the living room. Both my sisters, Jeni and Sarah, were woken up as well. We gathered into the living room and there beheld a kitten. A cute little dark and striped kitten. This kitten was so small my mom had to feed it with one of those dropper tools. I mean, this kitten was literally tiny. Anyways, the story goes...my dad had heard this crying coming from a window in the laundry room. Upon investigation, he found this little baby kitten curled up outside against the window where our dryer was running attempting to get warm. This kitten was so very cold. It had probably been ditched by some prick, and, I am proud to say, we rescued it. If I dare say so myself…This is the best way to obtain a pet kitten (by rescue). Anyways, while all of us kids were huddled around this kitten, we naturally turned on cartoons, because that’s what kids do. Guess what was on? Yup...Felix the Cat. Hence, our new kittens name….Felix. Well, the next day my dad dropped the bomb on us. We could only keep Felix if no one claimed him. He made us agree to take Felix around the neighborhood and ask everyone and anyone if they had lost their pet kitten. Sarah and I suited up and off we went. One house after the next, no one had lost a kitten. We were just so super excited that we began running furiously home (or maybe Sarah was on roller blades-I don't remember that clearly). Anyways, Sarah was holding Felix, and I’m pretty sure she was squeezing him to death. Well, as we were running with excitement, because now Felix could officially belong to us, all of the sudden I hear Sarah scream and begin to freak out. Oh! My! God! She squeezed and shook that little cat so much that it took a big, nasty dump all down the front of her clothes! It was completely hilarious! I was laughing my little bum off!

I think the reason this is one of my most treasured memories of my dear sister Sarah is because of the pure torture her and Jeni put me through as a child. When I was brought home from the hospital; just a wee-little new born, my two loving sisters told my parents to take me back. They wanted a brother. They didn’t want me from the start and they gave me hell ever since. Ah. The memories! Growing up our relationship with each other was definitely that of love-hate. We loved to purely torture each other, but we also took care of each other. Me and my fabulous sisters!!

Anyways…Back to the subject at hand. My sister, Sarah, is absolutely incredible! She works so hard to take care of her little family and she is such an amazing mom! I don’t think she understands how truly incredible she is! I mean...I honestly think she is a Phenomenal...Amazing...Wonderful...Strong...Woman.

So...Shout out to my sister on this day of her birth! I love you Sarah! Stay amazing…Stay incredible…Stay my sister! I'm so grateful to have you as a sister, and I love you to pieces!
Happy Birthday!

Peace,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment