Tuesday, February 23, 2010

RN.

After weeks and weeks of patiently searching and waiting...
Blake was officially job offered today for a graveyard RN position at Utah State Hospital.
He starts....Tomorrow.

This is great news for Blake!
When Blake got his RN license in December, we weren't expecting any type of real challenge as far as the job hunt was concerned. We were under the impression that nursing positions were available to the masses. Boy...were we shocked to learn this wasn't true.
It's clear that in this recession, no job is easy to find...
But...Blake has been very diligent and patient with this job hunt. In fact, he's been insanely dedicated to becoming a RN since he began the Nursing Program at Dixie State College. This adventure has not been easy for Blake, for either of us, but now I'm positive that Blake will soon begin seeing the return on this investment he has made.

Having Blake go back to working graveyards is bittersweet for me, because even though I am overwhelmingly happy for him to have gotten the job, I know I will miss him like crazy when he isn't home at nights.
But...we've done it before...and I know that this is the best thing for him to do right now for the both of us. It's the absolute perfect way for him to get his foot into the door as a new RN, gain some valuable experience, and make some decent money in the process.

I am extremely proud of Blake for all he has accomplished. What a rewarding and phenomenal career adventure this will be for him.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Nurses are amazing people. They spend everyday caring for absolute strangers when they are often at their worse. I know that I can definitely be a big-old bitch when I am sick...to put it bluntly.
I'm so happy that Blake can have a career where everyday he can, and he should, feel extremely proud about what he is doing for others. I know he is going to make an amazing RN, because he is an amazing individual.

Moral of the story...
We will be doing some major celebrating tomorrow.
That's for damn sure.
Congrats hun!
I Love you!
-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment