Friday, January 29, 2010

Futsal?

When I played-this was simply called Indoor Soccer...But times have changed and so have the rules.
Last night I went to my niece's futsal game. My niece plays for the 13 and under AA HC Storm soccer team and in the off-season they play indoor ball to stay in shape. Last night they played a bunch of random girls, ages 14-17, from a group home for troubled youth. These girls were just a tid-bit rough on these little 11 and 12 year old girls, but Cora's team hung in there and played hard.
I was impressed with these tough and tiny little girls.
Cora played forward for the majority of the game and scored the first point in the first 30 seconds of the game. Unfortunately, I didn't get the score on video, but she did an amazing job at forward and had a lot of good shots on goal.
She also played a little bit of goalie, and again..I did not have my camcorder out for all her amazing saves. She had 4 great saves and didn't let a single point in...That's pretty impressive, considering these much larger girls were rushing her like a bunch of mad women while she was at goal.
Cora laid one of the big girls out though...I only wish I would've gotten it on film. I was oh-so proud. Lol.
It was a fun game. Cora's team didn't win, but they played hard and kept their heads up.



Here are some clips from her game. Don't mind me. I'm a yeller....





What can I say...She's like a sister to me.

Go Cora!

No comments:

Post a Comment