Thursday, January 21, 2010

OH-Glorious.

It was such an amazing day!

Blake and I went up to Sundance to go snowboarding...We left early so that we could spend the entire day! Once we were parked and in the process of getting our gear on, I asked Blake, "Can you hand me my coat?"...Dreaded pause... I did not have my coat.
Blast! I had assumed Blake grabbed it for me, and he likewise (a logical assumption on his part, I mean...it is my coat).
So...we ended up driving back home to pick up my beloved coat. I love my coat! I felt so terrible for leaving it behind!
Anyways....Luckily the drive from Sundance to our home is a little less than an hour, so we were able to get home and get my coat. Although, it was around 10:30 when we arrived, so we decided to just wait until 12:30 to get on the mountain. We just couldn't justify paying for a full day of boarding and only getting one extra hour in...Either way, once we got back on the mountain we had such an amazing time!!Today was such a beautiful day to go boarding! I'm so happy we went!
The sun was shining all day, with just a hint of overcast...The temps were perfect on the mountain. Just cold enough to keep the snow from turning to slush.
The snow was the best I've experience yet (I hate boarding on icy snow, because I'm still new to this and therefore still learning....All I can say is, it is not fun to fall on icy snow!!!)...I was able to get so much practicing done on the soft pillowy powder... I spent the entire day practicing carves down the mountain, with Blake giving me tips and encouragement along the way...I didn't even fall that much!! My very first run down was near perfection! I stayed dry! Can you believe it?
Blake was also able to have lots of fun doing fun little jumps and tricks and whatnot...Things I'll probably never be able to do. I love watching him board...He absolutely loves boarding, and he has a desire to be a part time snowboard instructor...I think he would make an amazing instructor...I've learned so much from him, and in just two years of going probably a maximum of 10 times-I can now comfortably carve down the mountain, keep the pace with him, and I'm proud to say that I'm even starting to experiment with going fakey (on occasion)...
Sundance is a beautiful resort. It was our first time going up there and we absolutely loved it. I don't know why we hadn't tried it out before...It's so close to us! It was the perfect day!

One of our last runs we did from the very top of the resort and ventured to the bottom...Check out this view. Fabulous!I can't wait to go again! We're planning on attempting to get back up there on Saturday and for sure heading up to Brighton soon for some cheap night boarding! I love that we're finally taking advantage of this wonderful snow! Next year we'll have to start earlier...Maybe invest in some season passes even...Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment