Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Baby, I'm Falling For You.

Since Valentine's Day fell on a Monday this year, and Monday's are extremely busy and amazingly long for me (I'm out of the house by 630am to get to work, on my way to school by 330pm, and finally on my way home at 9pm); I asked Blake for nothing more this year than Chinese takeout, a glass of wine, and a movie. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.
~~~~
Well...
Blake surprised me while I was doing some research at the campus library with red tulips. They were such a sweet bouquet that I wasn't even shy about toting them around campus with me for the remainder of the day.
~~~~
After class I came home to an even sweeter surprise.
~~~~
Tea light candles supplied the only light. Blake had dozens lit throughout the main floor of our house. It was like walking through the doorway and into a fairytale.
~~~~








~~~~
We ate Chinese takeout and drank champagne by candle light.
~~~~
~~~~
Blake gave me fleece gloves to keep my always chilled hands warm and a cute little stuffed animal to add to my collection. Its becoming a yearly tradition that I get one from Blake on Valentine's, and I find myself looking forward to it. They surround  the top shelf of my closet, and every morning I smile when I see their cute little faces.
I gave Blake some cologne and a few unmentionables (*wink*). He seemed pleased.
~~~~
We watched a movie and enjoyed some wine together.
~~~~
It was a perfect evening. I loved every second, and I fell hard for my husband all over again.
~~~~
-Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment