Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry, Happy: Christmas Day.

Blake and I woke up bright and early to enjoy our very first Christmas morning in our new home. We found ourselves bundled up and sitting around our Christmas tree together, content with each others company. This is the first Christmas that I haven't had to share Blake with his work in three years. I'm so grateful that I was able to have him home and spend the entire holiday with him.
Our morning was perfect.We spent the rest of Christmas Day at my parents house, crooning over my new little nephew, Keenan Ahmadou. We stuffed our faces and joked around with one another while listening to classic Christmas music in the background; truly happy to be together.
I am so grateful for my wonderful family. I'm grateful for my beautiful nieces and nephews, my sisters and their families, my parents.The Christmas holiday is about spending time with those you love most. I feel like this year Blake and I were able to surround ourselves with those people who mean the most to us and have always been there for us. Our family.
It was a very merry and very happy Christmas holiday.
~~~
May the spirit of the season bring your family joy and love as it did ours.
Happy Holidays.
-Blake and Jess.

1 comment: