Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wrap it Up.

Before I welcome in 2011 and the new decade that is upon us, I took a moment to reflect upon what this past year has brought to me and Blake and our life we have made thus far together.

In January, Blake graduated from Provo College's Registered Nursing Program. Blake did an amazing job in school, being on Dean's List throughout. I wanted to surprise him with something incredible for his graduation; something I knew he would never go out and get for himself but really wanted. I shocked and awed him with his 2007 Chevy Colorado. I remember filling out all the paperwork and listening to the dealer tell me it could go one of two ways; really bad or really great. I was so excited and relieved when I saw his reaction was great.In February, Blake took the Utah State Licensure exam and passed in 76 questions. He officially became a Licensed Registered Nurse and switched to grave yards at Utah State Hospital. Its been hard at times having him gone at night, but I'm so proud of what he has accomplished.In March, I got my third tattoo across my upper back to symbolize the true acceptance of myself, which I feel like I have finally achieved after searching so diligently. "As the Night the Day" serves as a reminder to be true to myself at all times, without feeling ashamed or unequal to others.And on March 17th, our baby puppy, and good luck charm, Indiana was born.
(Which one is She!?)In April, we were able to bring little Indiana home, and we began the challenge of raising our first 'anything' together. She's a little needy, yes, but we love her, and I'm pretty sure we've done a good job.In May, Blake and I closed on our very first home! I was shocked with how smooth the overall process of buying a home seemed to be. I had always been so intimidated by the idea. I love having our own home and sometimes still can't believe we made it work.
June was a big month for us. We vacationed to Seattle for the first time. Seattle is such a remarkable city, and we had such a great time. It was in Seattle that we took our first kayaking adventure. It was so awe-striking to watch the sunset fall over the water and city. While in Washington, we ventured out to The Gorge Amphitheater in George and saw my very favorite, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, together. This was our second Petty show with each other and my third overall. Needless to say, it was absolutely the best!
June also brought our move-in date for our home. We have had the most fun ever since making it all our own!In July, Blake celebrated his 27th birthday. What an old geezer.In September, Blake and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary. I often rave about how lucky I am to be married to Blake, and I'll never express this feeling enough. He is my life. Truly.
In October, I turned 25. Craaaazzy! Right after my 25th birthday, Blake and I looked back in awe as we realized we had officially been a couple for 6 years. My oh my, how time flies. It definitely doesn't feel that long ago that this shy and just barely 19 year old girl met the attractive college library employee I now call my husband. My happiest memories involve the time we spent getting to know each other in St. George at school.
And recently, in December, Blake and I celebrated our very first Christmas in our new home. I also found out I will be graduating with my Bachelor's Degree in Legal Studies in Fall 2011. I cannot wait to be done.
At least until we see how the LSAT goes.2010-I'm waving goodbye to you happily and looking anxiously ahead at what awaits.
-Blake and Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment