Monday, December 13, 2010

The Skinny.

Just a little update post since it has been a while.
I'm finally over my illness and have continued on with my life after that minor bump in the road. Blake and I have been working as usual and enjoying the holidays. I love the atmosphere of the holidays. From the bright lights to the wonderful smell of Christmas pine and cookies...the holidays are fantastic, and I try to enjoy them as much as possible in lieu of my insanity known as life.I recently found out I'm ineligible for graduation in the spring due to an incorrect calculation of credits by my adviser. After sharing a few choice words of a sailor, I moved on from the disappointment and recalculated my graduation plans. If I continue school full time, I will be finished next fall. I'm going to do my best to go to school full time while also working full time. I think I am dedicated enough of a person that I can make it, but we'll see how it plays out. If I have to cut my hours back at work, I'm willing to do so, because school is my priority.
Blake is interviewing at his work for a day RN position soon. I'm very excited as to the possibility of no longer having to spend nights alone, but I'm not getting my hopes up. A lot of nurses at his work are going for the position, but I believe that Blake has a good chance of getting the spot.
In other news, a few days ago I noticed a mole on my neck that I truly love (its such a cute little mole) has changed. The other day, it began hurting to the touch, and I noticed it was swollen and a reddish-pink. I have also noticed a small lump of skin behind it. I'm sure it is nothing, but I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to check it out just to be safe. I try to take excellent care of my ultimate fair skin, because I know I am susceptible to extreme damage (I come from the backgrounds of Norwegian, Danish, Welsch, and English--in other words...very, very white). I embrace my whiteness. I never go tanning, and I never leave the house without applying sunscreen. I guess I'm kind of a freak that way. I may have to say goodbye to my cute little mole, but I'm okay with that purely for health reasons.
Well...That's the skinny.
Happy Holidays to All.
Until next time.
-Blake and Jess.



No comments:

Post a Comment