Monday, March 8, 2010

The Oscars.

Are the same as the Academy Awards.

I just found this out over the weekend. Blake explained this to me while I was expressing to him that I thought it was crazy they would schedule two award shows at the same time.
Oops.
Blake's mom threw our first ever Oscar Party on Sunday. We all got dressed in tress and celebrated the night away. It was fabulous.
It was also mine and Blake's first time watching The Oscars. Blake's mom created a ballot for us to cast our votes for the winners. It was a competition. And that's right...The newbies took the night. Blake and I guessed the most winners! Lucky number 13!
We won our own cute little Oscar guy that we shall treasure. I hear the celebs like to put their awards next to the toilet. Maybe I'll do the same.
Seriously though, isn't my mother-in-law the best!? She is so much fun! I love you Mama Paula!
Her party transformed The Oscars into a rather entertaining and exciting event for me. However, I dare say that without the Oscar Party the awards show would've been rather boring. What is the big deal with these shows? There's very little entertainment and the celebs just go on, and on, and on, and on...Just say thank you and sit down please. Let's move one.
I don't think I could ever sit down and seriously observe The Oscars. Maybe I would fast forward to the parts where they show the fashion (or lack of it on some occassions).
All and all, it was simply a fabulous evening spent with the family! I loved that we turned a very boring show into a party! I think my favorite thing about the night was the pretty dresses and yummy wine.
Mmmm...I love wine!
I really hope we do this again next year. It's absolutely the only way I'll ever watch the Academy Awards/Oscars again.

-Jess
P.S. I was ecstatic that Sandra Bullock won Best Leading Actress. How can you not love that girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment